Saturday, February 18, 2006

synthetic

Recently greenpeace hosted a press conference reaffirming the dangers of using products with synthetic fragrances in them. They use the word phthalates, synthetic musks. These pose negative effects on our endocrine systems (the one that controles our bodies through hormones - so yes it's pretty important - particularly since hormones travel through our blood streams to different organs as required), la di da - .. i need not say more.

But the point like everything else we do, things tend to comply with industry and international standards, but it doesn't mean it's completely healthy for us or the environment. (yes I'm on my green streak today) So taking just pasting the list of those fragrances that over time are contributing to chemical build up in you -

Floral Dream (Adidas)
Agua Natural (Alqvimia)
She (Armani)
Hi Speed (Bogner)
BLV Notte Pour Homme (Bvlgari)
CK One (Calvin Klein)
Eternity for Men (Calvin Klein)
Eternity for Women (Calvin Klein)
Le Baiser Du Dragon (cartier)
Chance (Chanel)
NO. 5 (Chanel)
Celine Dion (Coty)
Poison (Dior)
Pure Poison (Dior)
Aigner in Leather (Etienne Aigner)
Him (FCUK)
Fiorucci Loves You (Fiorucci)
Vanderbilt Gloria (Vanderbilt)
Envy Me (Gucci)
Boss in Motion (Hugo Boss)
My Manifesto (Isabella Rossellini)
Classique (Jean Paul Gaultier)
NightLight (Joop!)
Miracle SO Magic (Lancome)
Iris Blue (Melvita)
Waterlove Man (MEXX)
Sunset (Naomi Campbelle)
XS Excess Pour Homme (Paco Rabanne)
Puma Jamaica Man (Puma)
Puma Woman (Puma)
Polo Blue (Ralph LAuren)
White Musk (The Body SHop)
True Star (Tommy Hilfiger)
Van Gils (Van Gils)
Cinema (Yves SAint Laurent)

But nothing is perfect. This doesn't stop me from using my Chanel 5 but I feel a little bit better about all the other fragrances i use and like. yippee.

Oh. and if you're wondering what's been happening with me lately - it hasn't been too pretty. Trying to organise my life for the year and it's been difficult. Keep getting sidetracked and distressed. It's only because I have too much free time.. and going into almost debt status. *crestfallen look*.

Oh but i realise there are just too many jobs out there I can do if i wasn't choosy - but - i sort of prefer jobs where people actually have ownership and take pride in what they're doing - as opposed to minimal responsibilities and being able to just turn up in pyjamas.. on a regular day .. though there may be pyjama days.. =_= yeah i got some twingy vibes because I was eyed like helpless fresh meat. I am sometimes hopeless.. but not helpless.. and acting blonde isn't good for my health - it takes too long to diffuse.. and i lose IQ. I'm meant to refrain.. though it is at times unstoppable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home