Friday, February 11, 2005

Raw fish

Oh my.. After ALL the advance notices I issued and ALL the follow up calls and ALL the nagging.. we ate raw fish again. I was about to add that we did so in a more well-behaved manner, but once again the waitress didn't look like she was having fun serving us. We just kept wanting to place orders.. for.. teriyaki chicken and things.

So, all up I'm very proud of the attendees who attended despite my annoying reminders, or those who just couldn't defend themselves (I'm sorry - it just wouldn't have been the same without you). So there we were, Wendy, Pete, Vincent, Jim, Pete, Pat and Catherine. Well, I cancelled work to do this - and have risked the fact that once I start cancelling work, I'll probably do it more often. (It's not that work is bad.. it's still good. But, I'm just at a point where I'm starting the feel that workplace dynamic is becoming out of sync with me. Been getting that a lot lately. )

One funny moment was when me and Jim were asked about what happened last time (at Sean's farewell) because everyone was considering the all you can drink + non-food wasting provisos. Catherine and Pat laughed so hard when I said we stuffed chicken into the beer cans to *hide* it. I don't recall who thought of that.

Anyway. I'm tired. Just been sitting in front of computer at work doing stuff lately. Quite.... eye-hurting.

But today was a very interesting day indeed~

And I've just got so much to do before uni starts again. All those random things I put into my daily planners that fills it to brimming max. AND it's not so much the effort I mind! Not at all! It's all.. worth the effort.. ( i'm thinking I've forgotten some very painful moments here).. but it's more the logistical navigation and coordination, time punctuality and the right pair of shoes that's more the issue.

There was something else I wanted to mention - but I forgot.

I need to tidy up my room.

Oh I recall. I decided that it wasn't worth telling Gabe what's happening and repeatedly calling him with reminders and 'please confirms'... I mean, elusive, Fine. I can understand that. But to the point he has taken it. Sorry. That's it. And this has nothing to do with that time we were going to go to the beach either. What sort of absent-minded non-supportive and almost disrespectful friend doesn't have the capacity to take note of engagements they agree to.. or give notice when something does come up. Perhaps I'm being downright hyprocritical. (... mm... yeah.....I'm being downright hypocritical..)

But I am getting so tired of that. Gabe is not very reliable, I have decided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home