Tuesday, July 26, 2005

lovely

London is lovely. It would be lovelier if I wasn't so time poor or generally poor..etc. I like the mozaic of the old with the red buses. General bustle in the narrow lanes and widespread lanes alike.

Tomorrow I may go to the National Gallery because they have a great collection. Seeing as I won't be able to spend more than 2 hours there.. I'll have to pick what to see.. if I go (Carravaggio interests me. But so do Botticelli (Venus and Mars), Franscesa (Baptism of Christ) and the typical Vermeer, Monet, Rembrandt, Rousseau... Yet, so time deficient be I. And also slightly tired.

I also am getting closer and closer to that day that I spend wholly on the plane.. If I'm not glad to see you after that, then I wouldn't have seen you early enough!

ta ta! *waves*

1 Comments:

At 14:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Joyce,

Everytime someone mentions Carravaggio I think of "In the skin of a lion" and "The English patient" and how Sarah Kim once boldly stated in English class that "Carravaggio is an italian artist who utilises a lot of blue in his paintings..."

oh, how we laughed...

(=D especially the former art students.)

Enjoy London, and if you see John Howard power-walking through the streets, be alert but not alarmed.

Loks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home