Friday, December 23, 2005

usyd

i can't justify $3000 for one *elective* subject. Or $4000 to defer payment for it. Hence at this late stage I have declined to enrol at usyd summer. Considering my application was submitted in mid-october, it would have been reasonable to expect a reply sooner than the very last day of working 2005. A first round offer perhaps? no not even a second because administratively it has simply been a nightmare. Certainly more so for them because they would have 100s of people to deal with. Perhaps that is the trouble. I ended up calling their Admin unit, their Hecs unit and subsequently the manager of usyd summer (this failed because they gave me the wrong extension number *joyce has a funny look on her face*. Their summer school is divided from the the rest of their usyd admin. All I can say i am so thankful that calling Admin and enrolments officer at the Law faculty of UTS (1) I got someone on the phone within 3 rings, (2) the can sort this out for me close to immediately. I mean usyd, your voicemail messages are very comprehensive and reads out everything on your website and allows one to leave a message. But you don't return calls and you tell people things are going to be fine when somehow 'fine' is greatly different.

If it's $4000 a subject, i can only regret I did not begin as a full-fee paying student in 2002 when it was NOT $4000 a subject. And an elective as well. Like, elective being something I really don't have to do... i know. Now I feel somewhat disiilusioned such that I feel I have been swindled of my time (2 months), phone calls (dozens worth - mostly unansuwered), photocopies, other people's time when I had to get things certified and stamps.. all this since mid october for a late offer. What's more I did check the fees and somehow i just couldn't work it out.

Going to uni now. or so in a moment. to sort out this matter. somewhat dispirited. don't want to talk to anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home